Worming, orally?

Discussion in 'Herd Maintenance' started by Dianalynn, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Dianalynn

Dianalynn Active Member

I am new to llamas. I did take their beans to the vet to test before worming. They came up negative , however I was reading in one of the posts on here if they are not familiar with llamas perhaps it wasnt done the right way? I have also read if there is white tale deer around to worm with ivomec. I was under the impression to worm orally, as the horses but read on here that shots were given. Do I need to do shots or can I worm orally? The breeder I bought my female from said it was better not to worm her as she is pregnant unless fecals come up positive then to use safeguard.

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. marty mcgee bennett

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. Dianalynn

Dianalynn Active Member

5. Dianalynn

Dianalynn Active Member

6. marty mcgee bennett

7. Dianalynn

Dianalynn Active Member