working with the difficult alpaca

Discussion in 'Herding & Catching' started by Lucy Lee Fowler, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Lucy Lee Fowler

Lucy Lee Fowler New Member

I attended Marty's clinic in Fl in Jan 2014. I was anxious to see how the techniques I learned would benefit me and my herd. I wanted to work with 2 young girls in the catch pen but one of my more difficult girls decided to go in with them. I figured, ok, she needs some spots on her face treated, so why not let her stay. Working with the catch pole and rope she was the first one I went after. All went surprisingly well. We quickly progressed from the rope to the handler helper and on to some TTouch. She seemed to love it. Then I started treating her face. When I went to treat the 3rd little spot she had decided she was finished with this game and jerked her head sideways. SMACK! She got me right on the cheekbone! After the stars faded and I could walk straight I decided I better finish the session on a higher note and went back in the pen. She let me do some more TTouch and I turned her loose. Other than the black eye, it was a successful session! black eye.jpg

2. dmas

dmas CAMELIDynamics Consultant

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.