When an alpaca dies, what do people do with their body?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by alpacadreams, Sep 6, 2015.

1. alpacadreams

alpacadreams Associate Member

I imagine this topic has been discussed before but I am not having any success searching for a thread. We have been extremely lucky for the 3 years we have had our alpaca farm but we know our 'luck' can run out at any point and some of our animals will die. We have a 20 year old female who was an import from Peru. She (Analena) is healthy right now but we know her time will eventually run out. Instead of waiting until we have one of our animals die and THEN try to figure out what to do, I thought I would ask for suggestions on what other farms do. We know to leave them long enough for the herd to realize they are gone, but at that point what do people do with the body?
    Thank you for suggestions!

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. robert flowers

robert flowers Associate Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. alpacadreams

5. alpacadreams

6. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

7. alpacadreams