Using Herding Tape

Discussion in 'Herding & Catching' started by Tiffany Miller, May 25, 2006.

1. Hello All! I'm wondering if any other practitioners-to-be (or Practitioners) use the herding tape to herd their camelids. If so, what have your experiences been? Any advice for using it effectively?

I have used it very successfully in large, open areas with the help of others.
    But, at other times, I end up causing more nervousness in the animals than effective herding. It can be frustrating.

As Marty has said not all animals do well with the herding tape. I have noticed that alpacas that routinely jump tend to be more brazen about rushing through the tape (of course, once they attempt to rush the tape and a firm snap doesn't deter them the tape has to be dropped or they'll run right into it).

I'd really like to see Marty demonstrate the use of the tape in real time if there's room in the June Advanced Training schedule (I know we'll be really busy!).

Any other thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Tiffany

2. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

5. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

6. Pat

Pat Associate Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

7. marty mcgee bennett

8. carolstanley

carolstanley Associate Member

9. marty mcgee bennett

10. Pat

Pat Associate Member