Teeth??

Discussion in 'Herd Maintenance' started by Jeickhoff, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Jeickhoff

Jeickhoff Member

Hello Camelid Folks!

My best friend and I adopted an 8 year old female llama named Lillian. She is living at my friends farm with her horses, goats, etc. She had a not great set up and was left with a super crappy halter on all the time. She was definitely due for a shearing (which I did just the other day and she handled amazingly with no restraint!) Her nails need to be trimmed which I'll be addressing in the next week and she is over-weight but has a very large pasture to get exercise in now. Her teeth are the one area I'm not quite as versed in and could use some advice. I'm attaching a picture as well. My question is are her teeth too long, is this something we should have a vet come and look at? She's clearly not having any trouble eating based on her body condition. Also are there any other issues we should have checked out on her that I'm not thinking of? Her temperament is amazing and she is super content to just be near us and hang out.

Thanks everyone!!

Attached Files:

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Jeickhoff

Jeickhoff Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.