Success story with Mawgan-an alpaca that WAS labeled naughty but NO more

Discussion in 'Behavioral Challenges' started by marty mcgee bennett, Jun 4, 2014.

1. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

I am starting this thread and Amanda, the owner and Toria the host will hopefully add to what i can't remember... Mawgan was just a year or so when he came to a clinic with his owner Amanda who was at the time very new to alpacas. Mawgan was one of those alpacas that was very forward by that I mean he would follow you pull on clothes that sort of thing it escalated into jumping on you when you weren't looking. He was an intact male and I am not sure if he was gelded or not. He didn't know how to lead when Amanda brought him to a clinic last year along with 3-4 of he other alpacas (none knew how to lead) throughout the clinic we worked with all of the animals teaching them to wear halters and to lead, with particular emphasis on giving Mawgan lots of experience with various people all of whom worked on personal space issues. We only used positive interactions he wasn't punished but was managed so that he couldn't behave badly. I just got the loveliest email this morning titled Naughty Mawgan goes trekking and I am so happy to share it with you and I have asked Amanda to flesh out the story for us so stay tuned!

Hi Marty!!

I left your training session at Torias telling you my ambition was to train Mawgan to be lead.... If you remember my wild child Mawgan, you will no that that was quite an ambition!!
    Well, here is the proof! We can't call him 'Naughty Mawgan' anymore! He is now my star pupil, here he is out on a trek with his mates (and mine) behaving impeccably.....

You are the first person I thought of, hence my email...

Berserk camelyd..... No such thing!!!!
    Mawgan.jpg

2. amandadartnell

amandadartnell New Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.