Showing & cushing female

Discussion in 'Behavioral Challenges' started by Alicia Anderson, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Alicia Anderson

Alicia Anderson CAMELIDynamics Senior Consultant

Hi, I'm after some ideas on correcting a behaviour I have with a female weanling that has been to 2 shows so far. The last show she has developed a habit of dropping to the ground when the judge approaches to check her fleece. She was a fairly nervous girl (since birth) although with time and being with her paddock buddies she has come along way - halters nicely, walks out very well etc. When leading her into the ring I allow her distance and all goes well, at inspection I do the bracelet and all ok until any closer advancement. I have tried to pre-empt her but she goes down anyway. At home I have tried standing with her and using the wand on her neck and body - which causes her to cush, (that's after I have done ttouches on head and neck) - again if I try ttouches any further past her neck she will react and cush. She (thinks) she is of breeding age - some of the little boys have decided they are big boys and she has been sitting for them! (lol) although I think her cushing with the handling is more a "get away from me" reaction. She did not do any of this prior to the first show and I make sure I take one of her buddies to the show so she doesn't feel alone. Any thoughts?
    thanks in advance

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Alicia Anderson

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

5. Alicia Anderson

6. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

7. Alicia Anderson

8. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

9. Alicia Anderson

10. Alicia Anderson