Rescued severely emaciated Alpaca- suggestions for helping her

Discussion in 'Medical' started by hjaleski, Jul 4, 2018.

1. hjaleski

hjaleski Active Member

Hi! I have taken in a rescued Alpaca. She is approximately 10 years old and literally skin and bones. I am feeding her pellets every 2 hours and that is going well now that she can walk and poop again. I sprinkle electrolytes on her food. We gave her Ivermectin for possible worm infestation. I am keeping her separate from my other girls for the time being. She has LOTS of flies around her runny eyes. Any suggestions anyone may have on how I can help her. I do T-touch on her as long as she will let me, but it's only for a minute or so. I have never seen so many flies. She is no where near the other girls poop pile. Thank you for your thoughts on what I can do to get his girl in good health.

2. jchickering

jchickering CAMELIDynamics Consultant

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Margolit

Margolit Well-Known Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. hjaleski

hjaleski Active Member

5. Margolit

Margolit Well-Known Member

6. hjaleski

hjaleski Active Member

7. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

8. hjaleski

hjaleski Active Member

9. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

10. docdennis

docdennis Associate Member