Rayah's turn

Discussion in 'Shearing & Grooming' started by Zera, May 27, 2013.

1. Zera

Zera Member

All went well!

Used the wand and rope method to gently catch her. Then put the handler helper on. She basically just stood there, ate a few bites, but mostly just stood while I trimmed her. I did her belly and above the knee (funny, that is the last place I would shave my own leg..) while I kneeled beside her. She was nervous I am sure that is why she stood and didn't eat. After I finished the leg I moved on to her side and she walked off. I let her have a few minutes and then continued trimming the side and then she'd walk off after a minute. Then I tried holding the handler helper. She stood still for a few min and then cushed. Zera cushed behind her. Got most of her left side and maybe half her right side. After a while she jumped up. I let her have a little break and then used the HH to trim a bit more. I will do more another day. So she has one shaved leg. Not "beach ready".
    She never spit. Whew. ;)
    It went much better than I was expecting. Hope I didn't scare her. She seemed calm but not relaxed.
    I forgot the laundry basket and Zera kept humming at the hair pile. Oops.
    I cut a LOT. My hand feels pretty good, considering! It is a bit shaky, typing.

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Zera

Zera Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.