Patellas?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by NinaFaust, Jun 15, 2013.

1. NinaFaust

NinaFaust Associate Member

I am now very concerned about Gypsy's limping. Tonight he is having a pretty hard time, much worse than the little gimp shown in the video taken a few days ago. If it is still bad in the morning, I will try to tape a bit more.

I called the boys for "dinner" so I could give Gypsy his glucosamine pellets. He got up, picked up each leg several times, tried to totter a few steps and sat back down. In the process of sitting, his back end came up so both legs were off the ground. Never seen that before. He tried one more time to get up and move, but still picking up the legs, then a bit more normal cush. i went in to get some Traumeel and when i came out, he had moved closer to the barn. I took his food and water and traumeel to him.

He seems to be sitting quite a bit during the day. I noticed poop all over the back pen, which means he is not feeling like walking to the dung pile, probably because Gypsy is probably hurting. Watching this behavior makes me think it may be his knees, but I am not really sure.

I have not been able to finish either boy's shearing. I stopped on Gypsy so as not to cause any distress that would make his gimp worse. The vet is coming on Monday to finish up shearing and see about his limping.

We have only taken very short walks recently, but maybe that is too much now.

If his patellas are just constantly going out, is there any treatment for this? Some sort of knee brace to keep them from floating out? I am very worried about my sweet Gypsy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PuLg5slDOo

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. NinaFaust

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

5. NinaFaust

6. NinaFaust

7. marty mcgee bennett

8. NinaFaust

9. marty mcgee bennett

10. NinaFaust