Male llama mounting male llama

Discussion in 'Behavioral Challenges' started by LovelyBoys, Nov 25, 2008.

1. LovelyBoys

LovelyBoys Associate Member

I hope someone can help us with this. Last Friday I noticed one of our four llamas limping quite badly and holding up one leg while standing still. It seemed to be getting worse so we had the vet out. We both had checked his feet and legs. All seemed fine to us. Vet suggested Banamine 1xday(3 cc.) for five days. We have one more day to go. We took care of the boys this evening then came in the house to watch them on our TV. We have a camera in the barn. I was watching the TV when I noticed Treacle (injured one)what looked like being picked on by the others. I ran out there to see what was going on. Treacle was laying on his side, Xipe on top like he was mating Treacle, totally pinned down. Moondance almost on top wanting to be next, and Flash trying to break it apart. I started yelling at Xipe and shining the flash light on him. He got off but then Moondance tried. By this time my husband was in the barn(didn't know he came out) and got the two away from Treacle. We looked at each other and said, Now we know what happened to him. So, we have them separated now, which we did on Friday and Saturday night. My question is: How do I get them all together again?? Xipe and Treacle use to be buddies. We plan on keeping them separated until Treacle is healed.:confused:

All advice is welcome. Of course it is winter here and they spend a lot of time in the barn (corn crib). We have a gate separating them.

Thank you in advance!!!
    Patty:(

2. OHL

OHL Practitioner

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. LovelyBoys

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. LovelyBoys

5. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

6. LovelyBoys

7. OHL

OHL Practitioner

8. LovelyBoys

9. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

10. LovelyBoys