Lowered pasterns in 8 month old

Discussion in 'Medical' started by Kolyowsk, Jan 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Kolyowsk

Kolyowsk Member

What complications are there for lowered pasterns now or in the future? I have an opportunity to buy from a breeder an 8 month old, full Argentine, appy male llama with front lowered pasterns. The breeder had him looked at by 2 reputable camelid vets and they can’t seem to determine what caused the lowering of his pasterns- especially in a llama so young. The breeder has other crias right now that are fine, so it doesn’t seem to be a vitamin deficiency. The llama is smaller in size and is having fun romping around the pasture with the others. The very first time he was haltered the breeder was able to walk right up to him in the pasture, halter him, and trim his toenails! I’ve visited the breeder a few times and trust her. I’m thinking he might be a great llama to train for Pet Partners and therapy work! But I’m really nervous about his pasterns because he is so young! Is there anything I should be cautious of? Is there any special care he will need? Thanks for your advice and thoughts! upload_2020-1-2_16-26-7.jpeg upload_2020-1-2_8-4-10.jpeg upload_2020-1-2_16-17-22.jpeg upload_2020-1-2_16-17-53.jpeg upload_2020-1-2_8-4-42.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.