Large zephyr halter on a large llama - is it big enough?

Discussion in 'Haltering' started by Elisabeth, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Associate Member

Levi is a 4 year old gelding Llama. The first time I put the large zephyr halter on him, I was surprised to find that even though I put it on him with the halter adjusted to the largest size at both the nose band and the crown piece, it seemed a bit tight on him. He is a big llama, but not the biggest they get. I have included a photo of him here with his halter on, as well as another llama with the same halter for comparison. Levi is the white llama. The other llama is quite a large, thick bodied fellow (maybe has some argentinian type in
    him?)
    P1090474-1.JPG P1090462-1.JPG

quite a broad head. I thought he would be the one with the larger head, but the halter actually fits him perfectly (though might be a bit difficult to tell in the picture, there is plenty of space under the nose band).

I've also linked a video clip so you can see Levi's head at different angles and even got him to chew a bit of carrot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5j5gp15lhshi3p/Levi's Halter.mp4?dl=0

So, is the halter a bit tight or okay fit? Will it stretch a bit? Should I try to find something bigger?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Elisabeth

Elisabeth Associate Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

5. stenslat

stenslat Associate Member

6. marty mcgee bennett