Hummy llama

Discussion in 'Behavioral Challenges' started by Paulette Kaskinen, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Again with the humming...

Turns out that Pablo seems to hum alot in general, and I just wondered if there are some llamas that just do that even if nothing is wrong. He's normal weight, eats well, doesn't show any signs that anything is wrong other than occasional ear flicking because of bugs - I checked his ears and he doesn't seem to have mites, and in any case he doesn't hum all day long - I'd think that if something was wrong medically he wouldn't stop for a few hours and then hum some more. We're going to do a fecal pretty soon to see about the parasite situation, but my vet tells me that there's really not much around here anyway since it's so dry, and again it seems like if he was being bothered by worms, he'd tell me about it consistently rather than just sometimes. If it means anything, he does seem to be more vocal in the mornings (sometimes). Should I be concerned?

On the plus side, I'm excited to say that he now seems quite happy to stand in the pasture while I scratch his cheeks, ears, under his chin, and on his nose, as well as his back and tummy. I'm in love...

Thanks for any advice,

Paulette

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. OHL

OHL Practitioner

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

5. kmknaphus

kmknaphus Guest

6. marty mcgee bennett

7. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

8. heburn3438

heburn3438 Associate Member

9. marty mcgee bennett

10. NinaFaust

NinaFaust Associate Member