How to post a new topic on the forum

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by marty mcgee bennett, Nov 5, 2021.

1. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

To Post: Step one pick the category that best fits your topic... it isn't a right/wrong thing. Pick what you think is the best fit! Next choose START A THREAD, CREATE A TITLE and then ask your question or impart your knowledge both are really valuable! Follow this link to the forum for more detailed description of how to post. This and other tips are in the category of Technical Support under Forums.

Adding a photo: This is a bit trickier. I find that clicking the photo icon is pretty worthless. It asks you to insert an image URL. I don’t know how to go about making that work… BUT if you choose the option to Upload a File it is pretty straight forward. There is a limit on the file size which is usually what stumps folks. The upper limit on file size is 1024KB the types of files you can upload are zip,txt,pdf,png,jpg,jpeg,jpe,gif. All photo programs have a toolbox that allows you to change the size of the photo. Once your photo is accepted the other option you are offered is to insert full image or a thumbnail. If you choose to insert a thumbnail readers can click on it to see the full image. So choose thumbnails if you are uploading a lot of photos.

Inserting a video: Click on the film icon. You will need to have a URL which means an address on the web that you can use to point the forum to the full size file. Youtube and Vimeo are both good options. I like Vimeo much better but I have used both. You can sign up on either site and upload videos and both websites allow you to upload videos and keep them private. To add them to the forum you need only to have a link. These services have automatic links for popular sites like Facebook, in the case of our forum you will probably choose embed and that link will work on the forum

Attached Files: