Hay alternatives

Discussion in 'Herd Maintenance' started by spacebus, Nov 8, 2020.

1. spacebus

spacebus Member

This winter looks to be harsh here in Maine with droughts this year causing a hay shortage. I'm trying to stock up as much as I can along with hay extender pellets, but I'm looking for backups for backups. In July a farmer agreed to supply me with several round bales for winter, but he flaked on me last minute and now I'm scrambling. My boys appear to be very picky eaters, which I'm sure everyone else experiences. What are some other foods I can feed my boys? Right now I mostly feed them hay with a few pounds of Alpaca/Llama pellets per day, which they love.

Are there any other feed products I can add in this winter? My local feed store expects to run out of hay in late winter and early spring. Hopefully I'll have enough bales stocked up to make it through, but I want to make sure.

2. jchickering

jchickering CAMELIDynamics Consultant

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. spacebus

spacebus Member

5. marty mcgee bennett

6. jchickering

7. marty mcgee bennett

8. jchickering

9. marty mcgee bennett

10. jchickering