Gelding spitting at me

Discussion in 'Behavioral Challenges' started by Eric, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Member

Hi. I'm new here just got my membership and thanks to Marty for her help in the registering process.
    I am also new with llamas. We just got our llamas 5 days ago (2 weanlings, a 3 years old gelding and a pregnant mare). We are looking for packing eventually.
    I caught the gelding in a 10 xx 10 pen to start to work on him as he doesn't have any training and seems very shy. The plan was just having him use to me around and starting to touch him. He didn't really like when I was rubbing his back and starting to try to spit at me. So I stop and once out of the pen he was really spitting at me 3 or four times (not a good experience by the way). I couldn't even come closer to the pen as he was there on the fence ready to spit again. I finally just open the gate and let him go. Now I really don't know how to deal with that new problem to me.
    Any advice or tips would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Eric.

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Eric

Eric Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

5. rivkafinkelstein

rivkafinkelstein Member

6. marty mcgee bennett

7. Eric

Eric Member

8. marty mcgee bennett