Clicker training

Discussion in 'Applied Behavior Analysis / Clicker Training' started by marty mcgee bennett, Sep 5, 2010.

1. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

I wanted to start a thread along with my start in clicker training.. First I want to admit that I had no idea what it is really all about and how profoundly it changes the relationship you have with an animal. I (along with many others, I suspect) relegated clicker training to teaching tricks AND yes it is the best way to teach "tricks" however picking up a foot, accepting touch on the legs, or body can also be a trick! I am a rank beginning however according to my mentor Dr. Susan Brown I am also a quick study and this is because of my previous experience with Camelidynamics. The methods dovetail quite nicely and you will find that your skills with one method compliment your work with the other.
    I will be writing more about the specifics as I gain experience. I also want to credit Nina Faust for writing so much on the subject already. Nina has done a great job with her geldings and I look forward to sharing my insights as I experiment with using the techniques.

2. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. NinaFaust

NinaFaust Associate Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. hilaryc

hilaryc Guest

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

5. NinaFaust

6. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

7. NinaFaust

8. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

9. NinaFaust

10. marcellapj

marcellapj Guest