Camelid-assisted psychotherapy

Discussion in 'Camelids in the Community' started by Paulette Kaskinen, May 4, 2009.

1. Greetings from New Mexico!

As a psychotherapist working with adolescents in a residential treatment center, I recently received my certification as an equine therapist in the EAGALA model. My ES partner and I have been working on coming up with interventions that will specifically benefit our population of kiddos with attachment disorders and a variety of other issues stemming from developmental trauma.

I enjoy working with the horses, but at heart I will always be a camelid person. So, my goal is to have perhaps a pair each of alpacas and llamas to work as my camelid partners in therapy sessions. I wondered if anyone out there could share experience or thoughts on camelids in psychotherapy - I would love to hear from you!

Best,

Paulette Kaskinen, LPCC
    Sandhill Child Development Center

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. neorose

neorose Associate Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. val newell

val newell Guest

5. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

6. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

7. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

8. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

9. Ann Marie

Ann Marie CAMELIDynamics Senior Consultant

10. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.