Electric fencing

Discussion in 'Barn & Facility Design' started by Genevieve, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Genevieve

Genevieve Associate Member

I am looking for advice on temporary fencing for alpacas. I am about to rent farmland where I am planning to bring my first four alpacas (all females). The owners of the farm are looking at alpaca farming themselves (in the near future). They have a great barn but no fences yet!
    I would like to set up some fencing quickly, temporarily and safely. I have been told about an electric netfencing which is used for sheeps and chickens in my area. It is 48" high and is an entirely "hot" netting. Brand name is "Premier Fencing". There are occasionnal wolves/coyotes in my area but no other wildlife.
    I get very mixed messages from the web on electric fencing and alpacas ! :confused:

Any suggestions would help, thank you:D

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Genevieve

Genevieve Associate Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

5. bfl

bfl Associate Member

6. marty mcgee bennett

7. bfl

bfl Associate Member

8. marty mcgee bennett

9. bfl

bfl Associate Member

10. marty mcgee bennett