Standing a Herdsire

Discussion in 'Husbandry' started by cbrownmd, Oct 18, 2014.

1. cbrownmd

cbrownmd New Member

Hello All,
    I am new to the alpaca business and recently was offered to opportunity to stand a prominent herdsire on my ranch. What are the usual terms of agreement? Should I expect to pay full price for a breeding? Should I expect to pay for all of the stud's expenses including veterinary bills? Should I expect to receive half the breeding fee? Who pays for the costs to care for the females who are bred to the herdsire? Should I expect to pay for all of the marketing expenses to advertise the herdsire?
    Thanks in Advance!
    Cbrownmd

2. NancyWoodward

NancyWoodward Active Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. cbrownmd

cbrownmd New Member

5. cbrownmd

cbrownmd New Member