toenail trims and cushing

Discussion in 'Herd Maintenance' started by Serenity, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Serenity

Serenity Member

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has a simple suggestion for stopping the alpacas from cushing during a toenail trim. My girls are fairly new to me and I am working on a training process and would like to have a chute, but in the meantime......

I am generally working on my own so could use suggestions to facilitate a solo process. These girls came from a large herd and I believe had more forceful methods used on them so they are quite cautious. I tried to do the nails when one was down, but she kept her feet snugly trucked away.

Thanks for any tips!

2. Serenity

Serenity Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. NinaFaust

NinaFaust Associate Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. Eric

Eric Member

5. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator