Question about how to put on catch rope

Discussion in 'Herding & Catching' started by Zera, May 10, 2013.

1. Zera

Zera Member

So, I am about ready to start working on Rayah. Marty, The Camelid Companion book is FANTASTIC. Everything I hoped for and so much more. I hope someday I can go to see you in person.

My question is on page 97 the instructions for putting on the catch rope, the snap is up on the top side of the neck, behind the ears and then on pg 98, the snap appears to be under the cheeks, like a reversal. In the halter rope section it is again snapped under the cheek.

Does it matter? When I go to use the rope around the neck for the first time I was planning to do it like pg 97, but then when Rayah is ready for the rope halter, does it need to be switched around?

Just wondering if it makes a difference in how the halter works, or the comfort.

(The plastic spring horse I am practicing on offers no feedback, LOL)

Sorry if this is a terribly dumb question... I just don't want to "mess up". Or even get in a bad habit.

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Zera

Zera Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

5. carolstanley

carolstanley Associate Member

6. marty mcgee bennett

7. Zera

Zera Member

8. Zera

Zera Member

9. marty mcgee bennett