Anyone care to graze alpacas at O'Hare?

Discussion in 'Camelids in the Community' started by AliceHoffman, Oct 8, 2012.

1. AliceHoffman

AliceHoffman Member

I am bidding as a developer on a proposal for 52 acres of solar panels near O'Hare Airport in Chicago, and I'm wondering if anyone has some alpacas that you could deliver to graze the nice grass under and around the panels during the spring and summer? My herds are in southern Chile where I spend Chicago's winters, so they're too far away to help out. There are good high chain link fences around all of the areas to be grazed and there is good security; I would take responsibility for checking on the animals every day and treating them in the respectful Camelidynamics way, and/or you could check on them daily/frequently. This project will allow us to generate clean solar power for use at the airport and, if I can adopt or borrow some hungry and compatible animals, we can cut the grass without using fossil fuels as well. There are 5 separate fields so we can graze multiple herds. Please contact me at "HoffmanManagement@earthlink.net" to discuss details if you may be interested in natural grass pasture feeding.

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. AliceHoffman

AliceHoffman Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.