Brewers Yeast and Diatomaceous Earth

Discussion in 'Herd Maintenance' started by goldeneaglealpacas, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Last Spring I began using Brewers Yeast to supposedly treat my dog's flea problem.It only worked marginally.Then I read that it was a probiotic and began free feeding it to my camelids. I was then told that Diatomaceous Earth (D/E) would solve my fly problem, so began, as instructed, to mix it in with all the food that was fed to the camelids, chickens, and dogs. It worked 1000%. Just on whim, I began to free feed that to the camelids also. They are free feeding Alpaca/llama minerals, Thorvin Kelp, D/E and Brewers Yeast. They eat the Kelp and minerals in the usual amounts, but they also eat a pretty good amount of the D/E and almost all the llamas and a few alpacas really tear into the Brewers Yeast. I have to refill it every day as the container is empty. It is always the same animals eating it, I have observed, and so I wonder why? What are they missing in their diet? Or is this candy for camelids?

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. docdennis

docdennis Associate Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

5. Tracy Naccarato

Tracy Naccarato Associate Member