Size pasture

Discussion in 'Barn & Facility Design' started by Nathalie, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Nathalie

Nathalie Guest

Hello :)

How big do you all think that the pasture, the area where the animals live actually (including the place for the barn), should be for a group of about 3 alpaca's? Do you think that 150 m² is enough? Or 250? (sorry, don't know in which unit I should put it...)

The background story behind this question.. I love alpaca's :) but so far I don't have any.. Don't have the place nor the money. But we're building a house, and so we'll have a bit of 'garden' (my english is terrible today, I can not find the right words). The part we have now is pretty small, not at all enough for alpaca's or other animals. But we have a chance to buy some extra land.. This would be about 163 m² as a base. If we push, we might be able to make this as large as 263 m². And because the house is going to be awesome, it would be even better to be able to make my wish come through there, to have a group of alpaca's :)

So, what do you alle think? Is it possible? Would it be big enough, or do they need lots more space? :eek:

2. alpacaoord - Yvonne

alpacaoord - Yvonne Associate Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. Nathalie

Nathalie Guest

5. Nathalie

Nathalie Guest

6. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

7. Nathalie

Nathalie Guest