Cold temperatures

Discussion in 'Barn & Facility Design' started by hhandelsman, Sep 11, 2011.

1. hhandelsman

hhandelsman Associate Member

I'm wondering what the lower end of the safe spectrum of temperatures is for llamas. I have five llamas, most of whom are between 7 and 9 years old, and I live in northern New Mexico, where last winter the temperatures reached an unprecedented -21 degrees Fahrenheit. I am renting the property where we live, and there is a big, old, drafty wooden barn for the llamas. I realize I may have to invest in some improvements to the barn, despite the fact that I am only renting this property, and could use some advice about exactly what is required for my llamas to be both safe and comfortable.

2. OHL

OHL Practitioner

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. hhandelsman

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. OHL

OHL Practitioner

5. hhandelsman

6. OHL

OHL Practitioner

7. Junglandwirtin05

Junglandwirtin05 Apprentice Practitioner

8. hhandelsman