Winter vitamin supplements

Discussion in 'Husbandry' started by victoriambe, Oct 11, 2010.

1. victoriambe

victoriambe CAMELIDynamics Senior Consultant

Hi there,
    It is usual here in the UK to supplement alpacas from September onwards with "sunshine" vitamins A, D and E. Does anyone know how much of each of these vitamins they need to stay healthy? The vet tells me she can now only get multi vitamin injections(which has A D and E), the manufacturers have stopped making just the A D and E. The dose would be 5 - 10mls which is quite an injection.
    I am quite happy to use this if necessary but I changed my feeding regine this year and use a mineralised concentrate feed and supplement with a spinkle on vitamin and mineral powder, so I am not sure if the adults need any more. I understand that the little cria would still need supplementing as they are still on milk, but am not sure about my 4 month old who is eating concentrate.
    Any advice welcome,

Victoria
    SimplyAlpaca

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. victoriambe

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. hilaryc

hilaryc Guest

5. victoriambe

6. silverpunch

silverpunch Associate Member

7. victoriambe

8. victoriambe

9. Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

10. hilaryc

hilaryc Guest