Pregnant ... not pregnant?

Discussion in 'Husbandry' started by Dee, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Dee

Dee Member

I have a new female I bred late last summer. She is 6 and has had one cria at the previous farm. I did a few spit tests this spring and she really spat off the boy. Since then I have been doing periodic spit tests with the herd sire. She will not let him breed. She either walks away or kicks at him. She has also done this to another herd sire, just walked away and refused to cush. Behaving pregnant. She is now 369 days pregnant and is not looking that pregnant. She is a larger girl stature wise so she could be hiding a smaller baby in there somewhere. I do not have a scale for the adults so I can't weigh her. What have been other folks experience? Do females sometimes just decided they want nothing to do with males ever again? Or do I just keep doing belly checks until Thanksgiving?? Thanks

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Dee

Dee Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

5. Dee

Dee Member

6. marty mcgee bennett

7. Dee

Dee Member

8. marty mcgee bennett