New at shearing

Discussion in 'Shearing & Grooming' started by Dianalynn, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Dianalynn

Dianalynn Active Member

HI, I have sheared one llama before and did my new girl this past weekend. She is dark brown . I have a male who I will work on this weekend. However I cannot touch him or halter him yet. I have been able to catch him with the want and catch rope, however I am pretty nervous about this. It gets really hot in south texas so he needs done soon. I am concerned with how close to shear. I left at least an inch on my girl as I am scared of her getting sunburned. Is this a big problem with llamas? The male i will attempt is lighter color. I know I could do a smoother job if I was closer to the skin but am afraid to do so.

2. Dianalynn

Dianalynn Active Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. Dianalynn

Dianalynn Active Member

5. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator