Putting a halter onto a 7year old Suri Female

Discussion in 'Behavioral Challenges' started by Graham, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Graham

Graham Well-Known Member

We purchased a 7 year old Suri Female approx 12 months ago,she had been to shows and won various classes.
    The issue is getting the halter onto her,I can put a halter above a bowl of chaff and she puts her head into it,but the moment I try and flick the strap around her head she goes ballistic.I can put the catch rope onto her no issues and I take her with the catch rope with no issue.She floats no problem and we can brush her,shear her with no issue.To me she has had a major scare and maybe when the previous people had her shawn.???I have elected to lead her with the catch rope although I probably need to make a more secure rope.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated .

2. Margolit

Margolit Well-Known Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Graham

Graham Well-Known Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

5. marty mcgee bennett

6. marty mcgee bennett

7. Graham

Graham Well-Known Member

8. marty mcgee bennett

9. Farm in da Woodz

Farm in da Woodz Active Member

10. Graham

Graham Well-Known Member