Compost Pile

Discussion in 'Herd Maintenance' started by skigalns, Nov 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. skigalns

skigalns Member

Hi Everyone. I just did a search of compost in the forum, and I have read through a variety of threads, and about the "Red Wriggler" worms. I'm just getting started with a compost pile, and think that a thread dedicated to this topic might be helpful, especially for anyone new, like me, to the topic.

The reason I am starting this compost pile is that, well, you've got to do something with it, right? I am not a gardener, am new to acreage living and alpacas. I've been on the acreage for 7 months, and have had my five alpacas for four months.

I have a fenced off area outside of their pasture that I am going to use to start my compost pile. I have read a few things in the forums about it, but would take any suggestions or ideas that you have. Things you wished you knew when you were just beginning, for example.

Thanks
    Karen

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. skigalns

skigalns Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. skigalns

skigalns Member

5. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator