Llamas getting naked

Discussion in 'Barn & Facility Design' started by LuckyUsFarm, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. LuckyUsFarm

LuckyUsFarm Member

Eye catching title, right? So I lost a few nights sleep and aged about 12 years worrying about my 21 year old llama in these freezing temps in our first winter on the farm and owning animals. But we made it through! So far, anyway. But here is my next dilemma: the old llama, GinGin, takes off her jacket every day! By herself! How the heck does an old llama get this jacket off that is velcro-ed and strapped to her? Is this normal? Could she hurt herself in the process? Does she take it off because it annoys her or does she know that she doesn't need it? Yes, I do understand that we need to take it off when it warms up, we don't want any sweating llamas! And my plan was to keep it off once the temp reached 30 degrees. But she removes it every day (temps are 10-25 degrees) and we put it back on her every night, and then we find it in the field the next day...and so on. Can I trust that she is smarter than me??

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. LuckyUsFarm

LuckyUsFarm Member

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

5. LuckyUsFarm

LuckyUsFarm Member