Llama Emergency

Discussion in 'Medical' started by louise32063, Jun 8, 2016.

1. louise32063

louise32063 Active Member

I have an alpaca farm but my friend has 4 llamas. She is in the hospital and her daughter called me to tell me one of the llamas was vomiting and was down. When I got there, he was standing but still frothing at the mouth. I checked the others and found another even more ill than the first. I game them baking soda diluted in a syringe of water and rubbed their necks while they vomited and frothed. What else can I do for them? The first one is better; the 2nd one is still looking pretty bad. The owner does not want me to give banamine. Nothing new in the pasture and this has never happened before. They are both 10-12 years old. Any ideas, please?

2. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. louise32063

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. marty mcgee bennett

5. louise32063

6. marty mcgee bennett

7. louise32063