Mom spitting at Cria when she tries to nurse

Discussion in 'Husbandry' started by Marta Blaze, May 5, 2024.

1. Marta Blaze

Marta Blaze Associate Member

Our new mom delivered Gaia on wednesday - this is our first baby. She weighed 14 pounds at birth.
    She has been feeding her for 4 days now but today we noticed she just walks away when Gaia tries to nurse and has been spitting at her as well. My instinct is that she is in pain when feeding perhaps? Not sure how to intervene. We leave them alone with the herd and just watch from afar so not much interference from humans.
    thank you for your help!

PS: I own the wonderful book, but somehow, somewhere it has disappeared in my house. ugh. I will keep searching for it.

Marta

2. jchickering

jchickering CAMELIDynamics Consultant

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

3. Marta Blaze

Register an account for our forums so you can see replies and comments plus be able to partisipate in the CAMELIDynamics community.

4. jchickering

jchickering CAMELIDynamics Consultant

5. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator

6. Marta Blaze

7. marty mcgee bennett

marty mcgee bennett Administrator